Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday's Word




If you are just now joining me, I am going through the ABC's of Design Terms. Each Wednesday I will post a new design term and this week we are on the letter "C".




Last week we talked about one of my favorites, the "Barcelona Chair" and I'm very excited about this week's post as it is one of my favorites too!




So let's not wait any longer to get a good look at this beauty...



~The Chesterfield Sofa~




The Chesterfield sofa conjures images of formally attired gentlemen sequestered in a dark paneled study, sipping brandy and smoking cigars. Throughout history the Chesterfield sofa has come to represent many things to different people. The Victorian era saw the Chesterfield as the key piece in living rooms, where gentlemen relaxed while their wives sat in chairs crafting needlepoint. Throughout the years, Chesterfield sofas have graced the palaces of royalty, prominent business offices, hotels, restaurants, gentleman's clubs and luxurious private homes.


Today the Chesterfield is synonymous with elegance and class in interiors all over the world, of every architectural and decorating style. Regardless of what it represents to many, the Chesterfield steadfastly remains the sofa that embodies the perfect blend of comfort and sophistication. It's a classic and worth the investment.


Here are a few more in other pretty colors..





Gray

















Cream



White



Turquoise




and this one from Restoration Hardware...I want my room to look just like this...


1 comment:

smallhouseinthemeadow said...

Your pictures have me drooling! I am crazy over Chesterfields and although I would love a RH one, I may have to go with a Home Decorator one, in bonded leather.I have a puppy who loves to bury her bone in the sofa cushion, and would cringe and cry if she put a tear in the real leather!Nice Blog BTW.