Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday's Word..


Another one of my favorite things...Damask (pronounced dam - uh sk)


The word, interestingly, derives its name from fine patterned fabrics produced in Damascus (Syria) in the Euroopean Middle Ages. Damask was originally wholly of silk but gradually the name came to be applied to a certain type of patterned fabric, regardless of fiber. Damask wallpaper was once reserved for formal dining rooms or other formal rooms in the home.


This beautiful pattern is also used on furniture, textiles, dishes, bedding, pencils, purses in all different colors.

This is one of my favorite patterns. I have it all over the place...on pens, on my planner, my calendar, my storage boxes, etc.





Here are some pretty black and white things...













No comments: