Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!

Don't have a lot of time today but wanted to share this quick, "thrifty" idea...
I have had these canisters for a couple of years and didn't "love-love" them if you know what I mean!! But, didn't really want to invest in a new set either.  I do like the bright crisp white color of them but thought they needed a little something else.  


I have black and white curtains and accessories in my kitchen so I decided to stay with that theme.  My friend Christy got a handy-dandy Cricut for her birthday.  These things are FABulous!! I ran over to her house and had her cut out the numbers 1-5 in a nice clean Times New Roman font...


Now I LOVE-LOVE my canisters!!! So, for the price of a sheet of sticky black paper I have totally changed (and updated) the look of my canisters without going out a buying a new set.  If you don't own one of these fancy-dancy machines (I do not..but am asking Santa for one for Christmas)you can stencil your own image or just buy letters or numbers in the scrapbook section at your favorite craft store!!

1 comment:

amanda persinger said...

I love them!! I need to use my cricut for stuff like that!!