Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thrifty Thursday....

It's been a while since my last post but things have been a little hectic in the Farrell Household the past few months...



Our youngest daughter was married at the beach in Destin last month so we have gained a son-in-law!! So, needless to say, I have been consumed with all the wedding planning ...a post on the wedding to come soon.

Now for my Thrifty Thursday finds..


Since I have "retired" my "9-5" job, I get to spend more time doing the things that I really love to do, such as spending time with my family and finding great deals like these.  I spent the day today with my other daughter, Amanda, in Nashville and she is a great bargain hunter too!! We didn't have very much time to shop so we stopped at the local GW down the street from her house.  Green is my fav color so my eye naturally spots things that color!!
Today, things with a yellow tag were half price so most of my finds were $2.00 or less!


I have been looking for a place to put our mail and keys and was planning a trip to Hobby Lobby but was so happy to find this for $1.99!! I am planning on paining this black and adding some labels to the slots and putting it in my "mudroom"..


 

This cute little basket was only $2.99! It really doesn't need a thing done to it but I am thinking about either staining it a darker color or painting the top with chalkboard paint..




This cool piece of fabric is really a valance that I snagged for $1.00.  I have the same color pillows on my chairs on screen porch and needed another one for my couch..add some trim and it's done..




This is the coolest vintage terry towel from Sears with the original tag still on it.  I love how it is reversible so I decided to split it in half and give half to Amanda and we are going to add fabric and make a funky little apron..


Watch for the "after" pictures on all of my Thrifty Thursday finds soon~!!

No comments: